Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Felt gifts












I said that I would post photos of the ornaments that I was making for my nieces and nephews.

They are felt and all hand stitched.

I was flipping through a Crate and Barrel catalog and saw these cute little felt ornaments and choked when I saw how much they costed. $40! For a set of four. WTF?!?
I thought to myself that I could easily make those myself.

They cost me under $2 bucks to make. Felt is cheap people!



One the last one I tried a herringbone stitch on it and it was very hard to stay straight, as you can see. But I MASTERED THE FRENCH KNOT BABY!!!!!!!! I feel so dumb that all this time I couldn't do one to save my life.



I just hope that they will like them.

1 comment:

Bliss said...

Those are too cute. My friend is working with felt and it seems like so much fun. Good job on the French knot! They're one of my favorite things to do.