Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Fiona

I love stuffies!
I love making them and I think that I will never stop making them. They are just too much fun. And easy!
I made this cutie from a book that I bought a few years ago. And I lovingly named her Fiona. She really only took me a couple hours to make. I had found some argyle socks in a dollar bin at a store a few years back and just knew that they were destined for a greater purpose.
Her "ribbons" are made out of another mutilated sock. She took about roughly two socks to make her body.

She is completely hand stitched. I could have used a machine for most to the stitching but I felt that she needed to be all hand stitched. I think I wanted to torture myself or something like that.

This is a very good reason to keep all those socks that the sock monster eat the partners of.

I made another one of those cuties before a couple of years ago for one of my sister-in-laws.
His name is simply Argyle.


Perfectly mismatched socks need not go to waste any longer!

If you are interested in the book I used, it's called:
Stupid Sock Creatures, by John Murphy
There a lot of fun patterns and ideas, you could make thousands of them!

No comments: