Wednesday, May 5, 2010

The work of my great grandmother


When my husband and I got married, my great grandmother embroidered a set of pillow cases for us.
We are not a religious couple so I put the pillow cases away in my hope chest, and then eventually forgotten.


She did beautiful work.
She past away a couple of years ago. And sadly I never got to talk to her about the beautiful needlework craft.


I believe that she was in her late eighties when she made this.
Her detail is very precise. Very nice.


I now have a greater love for these pillow cases not only because she was my great grandmother, but also the care and love that she put into this wonderful work.

1 comment:

PegC said...

What a precious keepsake--think of the thoughts that went into these while she stitched---all the love and dreams and hopes. Amazing