The costume looked easy enough to make so I jumped at the chance to make it.
I bought a black king size bed sheet and a red twin sized one. That way, I had minimal sewing as possible. (At the time I thought so, boy was I wrong)
I started with drawing out a large hand on some craft paper.
I left my foot in the pic for size reference.
Then I started taping it in place for easy tracing. And yes, I had to start with that finger. I can't be mature all the time. ;p
All taped and ready to pin and trace.
I like to pin first so everything is nice and flat, since I folded the sheet so i can cut out two hands at once. Then I used a sharpie to trace around the paper.
Now it's ready to cut.
I uses a zig zag stitch to applique that crap out of it!
It took me two and a half hours and two full bobbins to complete all the applique work.
That's what I get for thinking that I wouldn't have to do too much sewing on this project.
Since it was just a Halloween costume I didn't take too much time and care in the stitching. It was dark at the party we went to so no one noticed anyway.
But the most trouble that I had was with the rounded corners and turns. They proved to be a major pain in the butt! But, I trucked on through.
So, after all this typing and picture posting, I realized that I do not have a picture of the final product. I 'm gonna have to get my hubby to put it on again and take pictures. I will make a follow up post with them.