Thursday, January 10, 2013

Union Jack Trivet

So the other day I posted about the gifts that I had made for friends and family for Christmas.

One of those projects that I am especially happy about is the trivet (mug rug).

I have a friend who was born and raised in England who now has a wonderful family of her own in the states, and wanted to make her something to remind her of home. And since we both share the love of tea, I thought that something tea related would be perfect.

I had originally planned on making a tea pot cozy, but it just didn't turn out right on paper, so I decided a little quilting skills should work nicely.

I've always liked the Union Jack design, it's fun.

 I wanted it to look a little rugged, and folksy.

I barely used a pair of scissors.  I just ripped away.
I didn't realize that I made it so square, but it looks good anyway.

I painstakingly made the bias type and learned how to bind a quilt while I was at it. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks again :) i love it! <3

LimeRiot said...

Ohhh neat! I really like the rough edges. It will just get better with age too!! Pot holders are such a handy thing to have around too. You can never have too many of them!