Wednesday, June 3, 2009

A visit to another world...

I've been busy with a big project so I haven't posted in a while. But it was worth it!

I have been sewing a dress!
Sorry no cross stitch this time, but it does involve a needle and thread.

I bought a butt load of fabric a couple of years ago for $1 a yard (how can you pass that up?!?).
I bought 4 yards of the green and 4 yards of the same design in pink. I'm currently working on the same dress but in a different variation with the pink fabric.
It's a McCall's pattern that I bought two years ago and forgot that I have all this stuff. I was bored and finally made it!
I was so happy with how it turned out that another is in the works.



It is a little tight in the ribcage area, but unfortunately I'm skin and bones there so I can't lose the weight there. But it's not too uncomfortable. And I need to adjust the straps so the chest area fits a little more snug.


In the back is a zipper and the top part ties. My hubby wasn't home to help with the photos so I can't get a pic of the back. :(
But after this project I feel more confident with my sewing skills to make more clothes.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Super cute dress! And it looks great on you!

Nosnin said...

Thanks!