Thursday, September 10, 2009

Hoot!


I like owls, so I made some. I started out making a few tiny ones. I liked them so much that I made large ones. I am very happy with how these fellas turned out. I posted progress pics to share.



I love to make templates. It makes projects flow better for me, and I can use them over and over again.



I cut everything out first and place the piece where I want them to go. I used fleece and felt on these fair feathered friends. I have mixed feelings on working with fleece. It's too stretchy, and I had trouble lining up the front and back pieces.


I made a red and blue one. I stitched them like I stitch all my plushies. It gives them the handmade feel.

My favorite part of these plushies are their "eyebrows".
I plan on making more in various colors.
I'm thinking about putting them up on my Etsy shop.

4 comments:

wendy said...

Those are adorable!

Stina said...

how cute!!! well done!

Nosnin said...

thank you!!

BALLET NEWS said...

Oh my ! Owls are my very fave - how clever of you !